Swedish Army Mod, mostly known short as SAM, is a completely free modification-project for the military simulator ArmA2. The goal is to add a modern and realistic vision of the Swedish military into the game, giving you the possibility to simulate all kinds of scenarios with friends or by yourself through the the games powerful mission-editor. Much focus is put on functionality and details, in order to “force” players into using given equipment as realistically as possible.
SAM is also dependent on the huge popular modification Advanced Combat Environment (ACE2), which provides a lot of useful mechanics and interfaces to push the functionality and realism of our content to the highest possible level that the current game-engine allows.
The team behind this project is a small group of dedicated people with different areas of digital expertise and real life military experience. Currently we are 5 developers who spends a lot of our free time into making this happen, slowly but surely You can contact any of us by PM through our forums (Requires registration).
• Tobe – Projectleader, 3d-artist, texturer, animator, media, perfectionist.
• Nordin – Scripter, implementor, animator, reference, general warface.
• Stiltman – Scripter, implementor, animator, eastereggs.
• Zsalheden – 3d-artist, texturer, forum-saboteur.
• Matte54 – 3d-artist, webmaster, media, emo-rage.
Contributors are also a huge part of our project. Modders and artists outside our team who kindly give us permission to temporary use and/or modify their creations in order to expand our content a lot faster. This is always much appreciated and is respectfully noted in our Credit-lists found below, in our readme-file, and official forum-threads. If anyone else feel they should be mentioned here, please contact us on the forum!
• Bohemia Interactive Studios – ArmA2 game, tools & reference material.
• Advanced Combat Environment 2 – ACE2 and tons of pure awesomeness.
• Swedish Strategic Group – Heavy testing & feedback.
• Gustav Embretsen – AK5c, AK5c GRT & Aimpoint models and textures.
• Christian.1987 & Fallschirmjäger – Creators of G3-project (AK4) .
• HD Läppli from Switzerland Mod – Help with animated AK5c magazine.
• Norrin from Australians at War – Help with AK5c handgrip animations.
• Vilas – Base models for KSP58, KSP90, KSP90b & G36.
• Pathy – Creator of SUSAT-scope from UKF Weapons Pack.
• YAC & Vilas – AMV base model and textures.
• The Sunn – Base GRG m86 model and textures.
• UKF Project – Base models and textures for L115A3 (PSG10).
• GranQ – Various coding help.
• Rock (RKSL Studios) – Various coding help.
• GLT Myke – Various coding help.
• Plöen – AK5c firing-sound.
• Jimmy Ek – Intro-music.
• AfrographX & modEmMaik – NH90 (HKP14).
• Operation Frenchpoint – Super Puma (HKP10b).